Monday 13 August 2012

At Home in the Kitchen – Judy Walter

Mennonite, Hutterite and Amish-Style Cooking

About the Book:
This cookbook reflects Judy’s enjoyment of cooking and preparing wholesome meals. You will find a collection of recipes for those new to the kitchen as well as recipes that cater to the experienced cook. Each recipe comes with clear step-by-step instructions using ingredients that are mostly simple and affordable. A wide range of food categories offers choices that appeal to many tastes and preferences. ‘At Home in the Kitchen’ will be a welcome addition to any cook’s collection.

My Review:
 I don’t usually get excited about cookbooks, simply because cooking is not one of my favourite activities. But Judy has created a treasure, jam-packed with a rich variety of recipes: soups, salads, desserts, pastries, meat dishes, breads and lots more. Complimenting this book beautifully, are stunning photos of fabulous foods from recipes within these pages. So, just leafing through the pages is a mouth-watering experience!  Another reason this book is so special for me, is the fact that it holds many of my favourite traditional Hutterite dishes, such as Dumplings, Gerstlsoup and Zwiebach (buns), giving people the opportunity to try Hutterite meals. Besides the tried and true recipes, there are many others that I'll definately try soon. My sister recently made the White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheese Cakes. (The name says it all!) This is by far the best cheese cake I’ve ever had! I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves to spend time at home in the kitchen.

‘At Home in the Kitchen’ is available on Judy’s Website and:
VERSES IN LLOYDMINSTER, ALBERTA
AUDREY'S BOOKS IN EDMONTON, AB
CHAPTERS, LETHBRIDGE, AB
DOVE CHRISTIAN SUPPLIES, LETHBRIDGE, AB
SAVE-ON-FOODS, LETHBRIDGE, AB
CO-OP, LACRETE, AB
DIE MENNONITISCHE POST, STEINBACK, MB
WINKLER BIBLE BOOK SHOP, WINKLER, MB
HUTTERITE BOOK STORE, MCGREGOR, MB
SCOTT'S PARABLE BOOKSTORE IN SASKATOON, SK
COBBLESTONE COTTAGE, ABBOTSFORD, BC
VANDERHOOF DEPARTMENT STORE, VANDERHOOF, BC
All over in the US, wherever CHOICE BOOKS has a rack.
BIG SKY GROCERY, EDDIES CORNER, MT
KOOTENAI STORE, REXFORD, MT
SHOPPE OF SHALOAM, HALSEY, OREGON














1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda! I've enjoyed scrolling through your blog. I *love* cooking so this book is a natural for me! Love your flower pics in the next post, too. Thanks for dropping by my blog -- and good luck in the giveaway!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!