Sunday 8 October 2017

With Heartfelt Gratitude for Organ and Tissue Donors



On this day most of us pause and reflect on the many things we're thankful for. With each passing year it seems our lists grow longer. As part of my lengthy list I've included organ and tissue donors this year. And yet I feel I should have included that long ago, even though I wasn't a recipient before. But alas, it's one of those blessings we take for granted until we're directly touched by it. With my right eye no longer legally blind, the song, I Can See Clearly Now has taken on new meaning!

As I've noted in a previous post, not a day goes by without me thinking about my cornea donor. Today my thoughts turned toward my donor's family who will most likely be sitting 'round a festive table missing a family member they lost over the summer. A family member who chose to become a donor. I'm grateful to that family for respecting their loved one's wishes of having his/her organs and tissues donated. I'm hoping this final act of love brings them a measure of peace, knowing these precious gifts have impacted the recipients significantly.

What's on your gratitude list that you never thought to add before?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!