Thursday 19 October 2017

Lake Agazzi, The Rise and Demise of the World's Greatest Lake - Bill Redekop.

Long time Winnipeg Free Press columnist, Bill Redekop, has just released another book. "It is a story not well known even though Manitoba was at its centre," writes the author. "Although the lake also stretched into Saskatchewan and Ontario, as well as the Dakotas and Minnesota. It was that large." 

I haven't seen the book yet, but I have it on my 'to read' list. I was wondering if this was something schools would be interested in and asked Bill. Here's his response:  "I would love to see it in schools. In fact, the book points out field trip-worthy sites to see the former beach ridges, or paleoshorelines, of glacial Lake Agassiz. It also talks about the large animals that walked the shores of Lake Agassiz, including woolly mammoths, mastodons and short-faced bear. 

I offered Bill to help promote his book: Should anybody wish to attend, McNally Robinson in Winnipeg is hosting a book launch. For more info about the book and the author, click here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!