Friday 13 May 2016

Cherry Blossom Time on the Prairies

A few days ago I visited a local cherry orchard. I didn't know the place exists, even though it's just a few miles from our colony.That's right, perhaps I should get out more, cruise around the neighbourhood a bit. (Thanks, Yolanda, for suggesting we stop by to see this place!) A cherry orchard in full bloom is an enchanting sight and has the most heavenly scent. The owner told us they have two types of cherries: Juliet and Romeo from the Romance series. And that this tart fruit makes excellent cherry pie filling, but can also be enjoyed fresh.


Walking down those lovely cherry blossom aisles, I knew Anne Shirley would come up with a beautiful poetic description for this grand view. As for me, I breathed in deeply, dug out my BlackBerry to capture the moment and share it with you. What a lovely spring evening!


Then, this morning we woke to a dusting of snow. Thankfully though, this will not do too much damage to the blossoms. Especially since it was all gone in an hour or so.



"After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."


Which blooming wonder is decorating your area these days? Does it bring to mind a song, story, favourite character or some special event in your life? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!