Monday 13 August 2012

Giving Back

(Quite frequently Hutterites take part in fundraisers for local organizations. Below are the details of the event my brother, James and sister, Lorena are supporting this year.)

When I was 22 years old, I was diagnosed with renal failure which required me to have a kidney transplant. My sister Shirley kindly donated one.  This July marked the twentieth anniversary of our in-family kidney transplant!

In thankfulness to God’s graciousness in giving me a second chance at life and in gratitude to what our medical system has done and is still doing for me and all Canadians, we would like to do our part in giving back to society. 
Every year the Kidney Foundation hosts a bike-a-thon fundraiser, which we have participated in several times in the past ten years.  This year, the event will take place on the 9th of September at the St. Vital Park in Winnipeg. Due to medical reasons, I will not be able to ride at this time.  However, my brother, James will ride instead, while I am helping him by collecting funds.  We'd be very grateful if you'd join our team by giving a donation on our behalf. 

Should you choose to support us, cheques are to be made payable to The Kidney Foundation and mailed to me before the 22th of August,2012.
Donating online is also an option. Just go to:   My Personal Page

Thank you very much for helping us make a difference!

Lorena Maendel
Box 1060
Newton, MB
R0H 0X0

(If you have any questions, please leave a comment. Thanks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your thoughts!!